Which mobile apps do you use in 2018?

Hi all,

It might be interesting to see that apps that trustory community members use (in 2018).

Related :

I primarily use:

• Google Maps
  • Youtube
  • Twitter
  • Soundcloud
  • Instagram
  • Messenger Lite
  • Discord
  • WhatsApp
  • Robinhood
  • Coinbase
  • Bird
  • LimeBike
  • Evernote

I found the related articles you linked quite interesting. it’s kind of amazing and scary to see how reliant we all have become on Google and Facebook and how much trust we place in these companies. And yes, I almost never download new apps nowadays. I remember when apps were a new thing and trying new ones was all the rage. Good times!

This is a great question. I hope others answer – there are too many apps out there to know what to use sometimes!

Here are my most common for life/family/work:

• Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Slack
  • Todoist
  • Glympse
  • HeyThrivy
  • Sonos
  • Natural Read
  • Venmo
  • Telegram
  • Whatsapp
  • Audible
  • 1Password
  • Duolingo
  • Vivino
  • Crypto Pro

I’d also love to know which apps people have used that had a learning curve, but were worth it? I feel like most of us are time poor and it is hard to justify learning the functionality of an app to find that it is too buggy or unreliable to be of use and all of your time is wasted. Then there are others that you’ve never heard about but end up being fantastic (like vivofit jr, which my kids love).

It has been months I haven’t downloaded a new app on my phone.

I mostly use:

• Twitter
  • Slack
  • Instagram
  • WhatsApp
  • Reddit
  • Facebook Messenger
  • HeadSpace
  • Google Maps
  • Waze
  • Spotify
  • Amazon
  • Uber
  • Wells Fargo
  • ClassPass
  • Hopper
  • Yelp
  • Hopper
  • Filmic Pro

Hi, I use below apps extensively in my daily life
Authy
Coinmarketcap
Binance
Telegram
Whatsapp
Instagram
Moneycontrol
Medium
Reddit
Uber

I keep track of my telegram every 5 mins as I have subcribed to 80 different channels related to Crypto, Software, News, Data Science, Health and wellness

• Twitter
  • Telegram
  • Lyft
  • Gmail
  • Google Maps
  • Podcast (iOS native)
  • Waze
  • Instagram

Moving away from the following:
Slack
Amazon
HeadSpace
FBM

Wunderlist app keeps me on track. Thanks to its recurring items and notifications, we never miss deadlines or forget any thing. Otherthan this, I will used regular ones such as iMessenger, Google maps, WhatsApp Google authenticater, mail.

Here are a couple of apps I’ve found useful and enjoyable recently:

1. Google Photos: Unlimited photos and videos storage up to 16 MP (most smartphone cameras including Google’s own flagship this year as well as the iPhone XS have 12 MP cameras) and 1080p HD is a tremendous help, not to mention Google’s Machine Learning auto-organizes all media for you without you having to manually tag anything! Just search for “Los Angeles” or “Dogs” or even names to get all your photos with those auto-learned characteristics! (yes, it’s unlimited on iOS and android!)

2. Dashlane: I believe this is the only free for life single-device password manager out there. Dashlane claims that the average user saves 50 hours a year by using its form autofill feature; I love zooming past login screens using the app :smiley:

Based on Screen Time, the apps I use the most are:

• Twitter
  • Gmail
  • Google Maps
  • Instagram
  • ClassPass
  • Spotify
  • Overcast

It’s a pleasant surprise that the app I happen to use the most is also the one I learn from the most.