What’s the best analogy to describe Trustory?

Social network analogy- Twitter with built-in money. You get paid for posting accurate info and lose money for posting inaccurate info.

Internet stack analogy- Mesh on top of the internet. Trust-layer of the permissionless internet. Restrictive-layer on top of the open internet.

Political analogy- Fix to fake news. Verified news.

Prediction market analogy- What Augur is for future events, Trustory is for past events.

• If Wikipedia crowdsources information, Trustory crowdsources the accuracy of information.
  • If Quora crowdsources answers to a question, TruStory crowdsources one answer to every claim: true or not.
  • If Waze crowdsources accidents and delays, TruStory crowdsources observations and evidence.
  • Wikipedia in twitter format. Wikipedia but more convenient and consumer friendly. Wikipedia but fun.

Snopes but crowdsourced.
Politifact but focused on cryptocurrency

I think the answers above do a good job of explaining what TruStory does, but I’d like to share an analogy around the TruStory token.

The exciting thing about crypto and the invention of tokens is the creation of a more robust form of equity. Tokens are like equity in that they represent partial ownership of a network (a company for equity) and that the holders of the tokens or equity seek to receive a return on their ownership. Unlike equity, which represents simply the right to future earnings of a company, tokens represent the right to participate in a network.

What makes tokens so innovative is that they incentivize those network participants to add value to the network in order to increase the value of their tokens, creating a self-reinforcing cycle in which network participants improve the network, which then increases the value of the network and their tokens, and the virtuous cycle continues.

“A decentralized study group”

TruStory curates questions and incentivizes honest collaboration among learners and experts to establish agreement on a single “most correct” answer,

Therefore, I like the analogy of a study group whose members are preparing for an exam where the questions are known in advance. Members of the study group are incentivized to pool their knowledge to arrive at the “most correct answer” to achieve a good grade on the exam, and perhaps reputation among their fellow students. TruStory utilizes tokens (rather than exam grades or a degree) along with a similar reputational incentive.

oh man. this is so good!!!

On similar lines, Trustory is taking the group of people(here, the users of the platform) towards the truth. The part of the group that is taking us in the right direction are incentivized and the opposite part punished. At any given time the user can look the state on the platform and can conclude where this story is heading within the community.

I like to think of Trustory as how the Library of Alexandria would be formed in the 21st century. I have always thought of the internet as the new Library of Alexandria but it lacks an important feature that the Great Library had; curation. In this case, Trustory curates information based on what is deemed to be true and what is found to be false.

Trustory, enables people to pull their expertise to curate and validate information by using an economic model that ensures that people are incentivised to maintain the quality of the content.

Dig the analogy because it’s such a refreshing perspective.

Here’s a nuance of it that I want to point out. Libraries’ curation was based on subjectivity. TruStory’s curation is based on objectivity.

At scale, a Mechanical Turk for verifying accuracy of information.

Interesting metaphor. I’d add that,

verifying the accuracy of information is not something that can be outsourced to “low level” / uneducated laborers. They are definitely a piece of the puzzle, but to verify information you need people across the knowledge spectrum- those who don’t know anything (laymen), those who know something (enthusiasts), those who know it really well (experts).

Hello, still new to Trustory, but it’s interesting that I’ve never actually heard anyone say the name so I think of it two different ways. First way is just the plain “True Story.” Second way though, as if it would rhyme with “blustery” and in that way with the “ory” suffix it would mean “place for trust.” Interesting though that it could work both ways!

Exactly :wink:

Verbally TruStory is pronounced as “True Story”, but we play on the word “trust” by removing the “e” in “True”

Agreed.

Following the premise of this thread, I’d expect TruStory to be able to arm “enthusiasts” (and even “laymen”, depending on the topic) with the proper framework to verify accuracy of information. With enough reputation, they’d be able to move up the knowledge spectrum.

Exactly.

It should be as helpful for experts (giving them an opportunity to correct misinformation) as it is for enthusiasts (going to a trusted source for quality information).

Doing the exercises of finding claims and evidence in a niche topic, trains you to move up the knowledge spectrum. It’s almost like lifting weights in the gym.

If water from a faucet represents the firehose of information spewing from the Internet, TruStory is the filter that distills facts from fiction.

Smart social network

Prediction market analogy- What Augur is for future events, Trustory is for past events.

like it

“A decentralized due diligence platform”

Despite Due Diligence is a convoluted and lengthy process, TruStory can allow crowdsourcing efforts for certain extent of due diligence. Since individuals in the future will have more ownership and exposure towards investing, using or spending their digital assets, decentralizing due diligence would appeal to individuals for making decisions in a better and cost-effective (timing and pricing) manner.

TruStory: applying the scientific method to a social network.