What quotes make you think of TruStory?

On how TruStory compels us to be more thoughtful and intentional:

Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom. - Viktor E. Frankl

This is why “eureka” moments happen in the most unexpected places.

I love this quote. Sorry I didn’t understand. Can you explain how it reminded you of TruStory?

We can respond to stimuli (as I interpret, this includes provocations and arguments) emotionally, without thought, or we can pause and think through our response. We always have the choice not to be provoked by emotion.

“Being in a minority, even a minority of one, did not make you mad. There was truth and there was untruth, and if you clung to the truth even against the whole world, you were not mad” -George Orwell, 1984

Often when analyzing claims, you might be the only person who believes the evidence you find, the arguments you construct, and the logic behind it all. And no one may believe you, especially on Twitter. It doesn’t mean you’re crazy or wrong for being in the minority of opinions. Pretty much why I value TruStory – a community where polite, logical discussions are encouraged.

“It’s hard for people to understand something they want to hate.” - Paul Graham

“My goal in technical disagreements is not to “win” arguments. It is to understand an opponent’s ideas on the topic until they form a strict subset of my own knowledge. If we both do this we will converge on the right answer regardless of who started with it.” - Jeff Coleman